Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Crinoline and Chemise Review

Since I have many of Cecile and Marie Grace's outfits, and am trying to get more of Addy's, I decided I needed the crinoline and chemise to make their skirts and dresses look fuller and more authentic. I bought this in November 2014 and it was in a BeForever box, so it's technically part of Addy's collection now, and I'm not sure if there's a difference between this one and the one that was Cecile's and Marie Grace's (but I don't think there is). Here are some pictures!

Here's the whole getup! (My new Cecile is so beautiful ahhhh!)

 There's a ruffle and a pinkish lavender bow on the top of the chemise...

And another ruffle on the bottom. Sorry for the weird orange globe in the corner ;)

Here you can see the fabric of the chemise is a little sheer...

 Here's the back!

 And the crinoline... it's pink and ruffly and so so cute! The hoops inside are made of plastic (I assume!)

I had no idea how or where to tie the crinoline onto the doll, so I looked at the official AG pictures. It seemed they had the bottom of the crinoline hang at the same length as the bottom of the chemise, so that's what I tried to do. I've seen other people tie theirs lower, though. I guess it depends on how the clothes fit with it in certain positions.

 Here's the back...

It was really easy just to tie the strings into a bow!

Overall, I really like this set! American Girl used to make elaborate underwear sets for historical dolls and don't seem to anymore, except for this piece, so it's fun to have in a historical collection. I also like that it retails for only $24, less than a full outfit, since you won't really see it while using it properly. I'm excited to try some outfits on over it, take pictures, and show you all soon!

Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment