Monday, November 17, 2014

All About Me and My Dolls!

Hello and welcome to my About Me and My Dolls post! I'm a twenty-something long-time doll collector, and I'm exceptionally boring! I received my Pleasant Company Addy as a child in 1994 and soon after became completely uninterested in her. She only got one outfit from PC other than her meet outfit, the really ugly mid-90's Girl Scout uniform, and then she stayed in her box and made around a dozen moves around the Midwest with me as I grew up. I don't know why I kept her through all of that time, but I'm so glad I did! In my early twenties, I started collecting Blythe dolls, which led to collecting Pullip dolls, which led to almost starting to collect Asian BJDs. I got one before I realized I can't afford it. Through all this time I wanted to collect American Girl dolls, because I love history and all the historically accurate furniture, clothes and accessories they have, but I've always lived in small apartments and thought collecting American Girl required a giant house and a dedicated doll room... or two. In 2014, I finally said to myself, too bad! I'm going to MAKE room. So far it's not turning out so great, as my bedroom looks like an American Girl stock room, but I'm having a lot of fun anyway!

I started making Youtube reviews as my AG collection began but soon realized a blog is much better for me, as I love to write and I hate to talk. Yay internet anonymity!

My dolls:
Addy Walker ♥ Arrived in 1994

Cecile Rey ♥ Arrived November 2014

Isabelle Palmer ♥ Arrived December 2014

 (picture coming soon)
Marie Grace Gardner ♥ Arrived December 2014

 (picture coming soon)
Grace Thomas ♥ Arrived January 2015

 (picture coming soon)
Caroline Abbott ♥ Arrived January 2015

Stay tuned (or whatever you do on a blog) as my American Girl collection grows exponentially -- I'll share everything with you along the way!

1 comment:

  1. I've enjoyed reading your blog today! I came over from the AG pro boards. Your photos are gorgeous! I am in Wisconsin... SE. Any chance you will make it to the Wilmot sale? I REALLY a think you would love it. You can read about it on my blog.
    Our doll story... My daughter loves history, Native Americans, the southwest. We bought a PC Josefina from my sis in law who bought her at the MCM sale a zillion years ago. I always thought AG was preposterous... 100.00 dolls?!! Then we got Josefina, and I understood.
    It wasn't long before I asked for Addy. My mom bought her for me. I felt a little ridiculous as a 40-something with a doll, but I just love her.
    Since then, Saige and Isabelle moved in, and I am embarrassed to say #5 is joining the family tomorrow for my daughter's 10th bday!!
    I secretly want Julie. As my daughter says "Mom, that's your era!"

    ReplyDelete