Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Caroline's Party Set Review

Caroline's Party Set is another gem I found on sale at the American Girl outlet store!

 Here's an overview of the whole set! It comes with an apple cake - with 2 slices and 1 large piece, a pitcher, a bouquet of faux wildflowers, 2 cloth napkins with lace trim, 3 pewter plates, 2 pewter forks, 2 pewter knives, and 2 pewter cups.


 The apple cake is very cute and realistically textured. The bottom is smooth plastic and less realistic looking, but it's not too noticeable.

There are red and yellow apple slices on Caroline's apple cake -- so cute!

This ceramic pitcher is my favorite piece of the set! The beautiful ship image is on both sides. I used it to hold the flowers since this set doesn't come with a flower vase.

The flowers are really cute! I have an odd personal goal of collecting all the American Girl faux flowers ever released. There is a white ribbon tied in a bow under the big green leaves.

All the metal dishes are heavy and extremely nice quality -- with the exception that lot numbers are printed on the back of the forks and the "back" of the knives. But knives don't really have backs, so you have to put the knives on the right side of the plates or else they will look backwards, like the knife does in this picture!

The cups are particularly beautiful! I love the curved handle.

The two slices are each 1/4 of the cake... Caroline must love cake! (Almost as much as I do!)

Painting details.



Overall, this is a great set! The pitcher is beautiful, the flowers are pretty, the apple cake is adorable, and the dishes are very heavy and very nice quality. My two criticisms are the smooth plastic on the bottom of the cake and the lot numbers on the back of the forks and knives. Still, the set pieces are beautiful accessories for a dollhouse dining room or diorama, and the pieces look appropriate for a number of different time periods.

Grade: A-

4 comments:

  1. I really want this set now after looking at your gorgeous pictures of it. ^-^
    I just found your blog and your photography is amazing. I read through all of your posts and enjoyed each one. Love your blog. =)
    ~Adi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this kind comment! This is my blog's first ever comment and it was just perfect, and made my day! I really appreciate it and hope you continue to follow my blog :) <3!

      Delete
    2. Oh, no problem Jaime! ^-^
      I'll definitely continue reading. =)
      ~Adi

      Delete
  2. Party preparations are cute and seem to be well managed. Went for a kid's party arranged by the summer camp carnival of my son's school. Loved the event space Chicago booked by them. Also the environment and water games were quite safe. Refreshments provided were also amazing. Will definitely send my son for the next event.

    ReplyDelete