Thursday, February 12, 2015

Addy's Winter Coat, Derby Hat, Mittens, and Knee Warmers Review

Right now where I live, in Minneapolis, the temperature is only 1 degree! I think it's a good day for Addy to put on her winter coat, derby hat, mittens, and knee warmers.



I have to preface this post with a few apologies: First, I don't have Addy's Tartan Plaid Dress, so she is wearing her Plaid Summer Set dress under the coat, and it looks pretty silly! And I thought her blue boots would look nice with the coat, but with the Plaid Summer dress, she ends up just looking like a crazy bag lady in this whole photoshoot. I hope you'll forgive us! Second, the wool coat and the felt derby hat are both cat fur and dust MAGNETS. I spent a long time trying to pick little fuzzies and cat hair off both, but some will show up in the pictures. AHHH!

Anyway, the coat is just fantastic! It is HUGE! My chubby Pleasant Company Addy was kind of swimming in it. But that's awesome, because there's plenty of room to fit dresses underneath!

The mittens are attached to each other by a knit string, and you can put them through the arms of Addy's coat so she doesn't lose them! And the buttons on the front of the coat are real. No velcro here! Oh, third apology: the fringe on my coat is permanently disheveled and I haven't found an easy way to fix it yet!

The hat is adorable, but very lightweight, and Addy has so much hair that it won't really sit down properly on her head.

Perfect crazy bag lady legs! I use the knee warmers more as leg warmers, so you can see them better.

Further proof the coat is gigantic!

And further proof the derby hat will find every piece of dust in my house and hold on to it. But the hat is soooo cute from the back!

I give the coat and winter accessories an A! I really have no complaints, except that the hat collects so many fuzzies (but I wouldn't want the hat to be anything other than fabric, so there's no way to really fix that...) and that the knee warmers have to go under the knees to be visible. Even in the stock AG photo, Addy seems to be wearing them farther down her legs. But the colors are cute and the coat is extremely high quality, with real functioning buttons, and is so adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment