Friday, January 30, 2015

Cecile's Parlor Outfit Review

 I think Cecile's Parlor Outfit is one of the most daring outfits American Girl has ever done, simply because I don't think it appeals to their target audience at all! I know a lot of adult collectors who aren't fans either, of either the colors, fabrics, or patterns. I had to get it because I'm trying to collect all of Cecile and Marie Grace's collection, and found I liked this outfit much more in person.

I styled the outfit in this photoshoot with Cecile and Marie Grace's Fancy Boots. I think these crazy gold boots go well with almost all of Cecile & MG's outfits, and it's fun to pair them with everything!

The outfit comes with the white collared shirt, the gold and purple jacket, a purple patterned skirt, and two purple hair ribbons.

One of the top complaints I've heard about this outfit is the see-through, plastic-y feel of the fabric of the jacket. I like that it's shiny, though, and the Mardi Gras colors have grown on me. Two of the brown buttons on the front conceal velcro behind, and that is how you close the jacket over the doll.

Matching hair ribbons are always a bonus!

I love the collared shirt, and love even more that the collar sticks out of the jacket.

All the way around!

Bonus picture of the adorable Fancy Boots!

Here's a shot of the shirt by itself. It's so beautiful and perfect for a classic look in any time period.

I give this outfit an A-, just because it's not as dazzling and drop dead gorgeous as some other outfits, but I have nothing to complain about! If you don't hate the colors, I definitely recommend it. It's perfect for a doll living in New Orleans!

2 comments:

  1. Your photos are so beautiful! I just got Cecile and I really regret not getting any of her own outfits--especially this one. A lot of the pieces look like they can be used with other things. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yes, this outfit set is great for mix and match pieces. Keep an eye out on eBay!

      Delete